One of the most common and highly trafficked places on the internet is Reddit. Reddit is an online social aggregator that takes news, web content and user discussions and organizes it into topic-focused communities or subreddits. The beauty of it is, Reddit has something for everyone. As a travel nurse, there is no lack of communities on Reddit that offer whatever you might be looking for. We’ve scoured Reddit to find the top subreddits that will help expand your nursing expertise. Here are our favorite eight:@FreedomHCS put together these #subreddits to help expand #TravelNursing knowledge. Give it a gander! Click To Tweet
The only subreddit dedicated specifically to travel nursing. This subreddit has 1,500 members with daily discussions. The most popular posts in the last month included:
This subreddit is for you if you’re looking to have conversations specifically about travel nursing with others who have been through similar challenges.
This subreddit was created specifically to find travel nursing jobs. While this subreddit isn’t active, there are some good articles to read over if you’re in the market for a new job as a travel nurse.
- January 19, 2018 license changes – NATIONWIDE
- I am looking for some recruiter advice!
- Traveling nurse housing
This subreddit was designed to inform and unite the Nurse Practitioner community. Their description reads, “Asking advice, practice information, the job market and general banter is encouraged.” With 2.6K members, here are the top posts in the last month:
- OT considering switch to NP or PA
- How many experience as an RN prior to pursuing AGPCNP
- RN looking to grow, how to stay in the OR
This subreddit is for you if you’re a nurse practitioner looking to learn from other practitioners. This is the only community dedicated to this branch of nursing. The group is fairly active with almost daily posts.
This is the epicenter for all medical related professionals. This subreddit has over 200,000 members and is the most active on Reddit. The most popular posts in the last month included:
- Drug or Pokemon?
- The difference between Type I and Type II errors
- The best way Bill Gates could improve healthcare is to design a better EMR/EHR interface
This subreddit is for you if you’re looking to have conversations with medical professionals from every spectrum. This community is a good place for memes, discussions about current topics and general advice.
With over 82,000 members, this is the most active subreddit dedicated to the nursing profession. There is a lot of practical advice shared as well as related news articles for the profession as a whole. Here are the most popular posts in the last month:
- If my ICU patients forget for just a few minutes that they’re stuck in ICU over Christmas, then it was all worth it.
- So great to see people growing in their careers!
This subreddit is filled with memes and success stories [or failures] as it relates to medical school. With over 23,000 members, here are the top posts in the past month:
- Me, a male nursing student, every time I interact with a female client
- Nursing logic in a nutshell.
- Santa got me a little something to start nursing school!
This subreddit is for medical students and is active daily.
The only subreddit dedicated strictly to medical news. The subreddit has over 4,000 members and the top posts in the past month are:
- Planned Parenthood’s State Funding Protected With Supreme Court’s Decision Not To Hear Case
- Gout is on the rise – and it’s not just gluttonous sovereigns who get it
- Patients Are Turning To GoFundMe To Fill Health Insurance Gaps
This subreddit is for those who are looking to stay up-to-date on medical news or have interesting news to share.Check out these #subreddits from @FreedomHCS to expand your #nursing knowledge! Click To Tweet
A subreddit for nurses. Posts are daily and focus around a wide range of topics from witty banter to nursing-related topics. Here are the top posts in the last month:
While Reddit might not be for everyone these subreddits focus on a wide range of topics. Are you a Redditor? What’s your favorite subreddit as a nursing professional? After perusing these subreddits, check out our travel nursing jobs portal for all the best locations from across the country in your specialty. Find your next adventure today!