You may have been too busy to notice, but National Nurses Week is now National Nurses Month. That means there’s still time to celebrate the life-saving, soul-nourishing, care-giving work nurses do every day of the year.
In that spirit of celebration, we’d like to add our 2¢ worth with these reasons we love our Freedom Healthcare travel nurses. Here goes!
- Nurses Really Care. People enter the nursing profession for a variety of reasons, but at the top of the list is caring. Nurses have empathy, compassion, know-how in abundance, and they share those gifts not only with their patients but also with their family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, pets, and the planet at large.
- Nurses Are Genuine People. Nurses instinctively understand how to get along with others. They truly like other people and possess interpersonal skills that enable them to build rapport with people from all walks of life.
- Nurses Are Dedicated. Commitment is a byword of the nursing profession. Nurses demonstrate dedication to their patients, their profession, and their communities through reliability, responsibility, and respect in every facet of their lives.
- Nurses Are Strong. Nursing isn’t for the faint of heart or the weak of will. Nurses must have a reservoir of energy, stamina, and mental strength to keep going under challenging circumstances. The Covid-19 pandemic demonstrated that strength like nothing else could.
- Nurses Are Good Managers. High-quality patient care demands unwavering attention to detail to avoid potentially life-threatening errors. So nurses must be vigilant, well organized, flexible, and disciplined, throughout and even at the end of a long, arduous shift.
- Nurses Are Professionals. Nursing is a complex, demanding profession that draws simultaneously on a wide variety of skills — for example, offering a reassuring word to a worried patient while operating sophisticated equipment. As a result, nurses are highly respected by colleagues, physicians, patients, and members of their communities.
- Nurses Are Leaders. Nurses are the first-line exemplars of the healing arts. They guide and inspire colleagues and coworkers with their integrity and professionalism.
- Nurses Are Advocates. Nurses have a strong sense of fair play. They step up to the plate for their patients, colleagues, themselves, and their communities to help right wrongs or defuse a fraught situation.
- Nurses Are Your Neighbors. A nurse may be your next-door neighbor, best friend, casual acquaintance, or total stranger. Whatever role the nurse plays outside of the workplace, they are fellow citizens who are invested in their communities and the people in them.
- Nurses Make a Difference. The ANA’s motto to honor the varying roles of nurses and their positive impact on our lives is more than a truism — it’s an acknowledgement of what professional nurses have meant to the world since the days of Florence Nightingale.
At Freedom Healthcare Staffing, we show our travel nurses love year-round with exclusive rapid response jobs, industry-leading rates, and on-call support. And every year, we celebrate Nurse Appreciation Month with a month-long contest to give more back to America’s amazing nurses. Since our travelers rave about how much they earn with us, this year we though it only fitting to give the best gift of all: cash. At the end of May, we will randomly select five travel nurses to each receive a cash prize of $1,000. Enter now for your chance to win.